The Children, Young People & Families Manager Apprenticeship Standard is for anyone who manages a team to help and advise families that need support, be able to ensure direction, alignment, and commitment to your own practice, your team, your company, partnerships to help children, young people, and families to do their best and achieve sustainable change.
The typical duration of this apprenticeship would be around 24 months depending on your knowledge, skills, and behaviour.
Within this Apprenticeship Standard, you will need to achieve –
- BTEC Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare Level 5
- Functional Skills in Maths and English at Level 2 (if you don’t already have Maths and English at Grade C or above).
- 20% Off the Job Training.
- A valid DBS.
- Portfolio of Evidence consisting of no more than 25 pieces of evidence.
- End Point Assessment – this consists of a Situational Judgement Test which will take around 2 hours and then a Competence Interview which will take 55 – 65 minutes. These can be taken on separate dates.
For more details and the full assessment plan visit – Children, young people and families manager / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education